Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Inspirational Thought for the Day


"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."Joshua 1:9 NIV

Trying to find a birth mother...Completing the endless paperwork...Finding the money to make it all happen. When I was in the process of adopting, I became discouraged and felt at times like it would never happen.


It was then that I found this special scripture that was so comforting to me. Some days I would repeat it out loud, hoping it would sink in. I even wrote it on a small card and carried it in the pocket of my jeans, reading it throughout the day. That was before PDA’s and computer reminders that can schedule a pop up on your cell phone.

My suggestion (and what I do today) is to take advantage of the technology available. Use it to add inspirational thoughts or scriptures that will pop up during your day and encourage and strengthen you. For me, I have them sent directly to my cell phone and on my Outlook calendar. I hope you will find how amazing it is that the timing of the message is right at a time when I need it most.

God bless and remember to "be strong and courageous."

No comments: