Monday, May 05, 2008

A Mother's Day Message of Hope


by Mardie Caldwell


Dearest Mother in Waiting,

I remember the weeks and days before Mother's Day when I was hoping to be a mommy, dreaming of the day I would have a child of my own in my arms . These were some of the most difficult and trying times in my life. I also remember losing a pregnancy five days before Mother's Day and feeling so numb that Sunday. The next year, I woke up excited to be pregnant on Mother's Day but ended up miscarrying yet another baby. Life didn’t seem fair at those times. Little did I understand, the Lord with His divine power and wisdom was already preparing me for being a mother through what He wanted for me-adoption. He gave me everything needed to maintain and uphold me, as He is for you if you lean on Him to help and support you. He is compassion and His love is never-ending for His children. He knows about adoption very well, as He was also adopted by Joseph and has adopted us into His family when we ask Him into our lives.

If the Lord has given you the desire to be a mother, He has given you the promise that He will be with you during your wait and throughout your adoption and beyond. You are not alone, you are precious to God. He will give you the strength to get through when you feel you can’t. He will hold you in His arms when you need to be held and when you feel a need to hold on.

He is gracious and loving and wants you to depend on Him. Remember, the Lord has placed a desire in your heart to be a mommy and He will see you through when you trust Him, in His timing.
May God bless you, wrap you in His arms today, and guide you to the baby of your dreams.
Remember - there is a baby for you!
Mardie Caldwell


I will bless her, and she shall be a mother
Genesis 17:16 KJV

No comments: